"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Catch-up

This week I haven't had much time or energy for blogging. The semester began Tuesday and it seems that I have had next to zero free time since then. However, I need to blog regularly or I'll lose momentum.

Sugarfoot has become very interested in my mouse and how it moves the cursor on the screen. I now have to lock her out of the room if I want to get anything done. She has also started doing a kind of hermit crab impression with sheets of newspaper, which is just as cute as swatting at a two-dimensional arrow on my monitor, but less likely to disrupt my productivity.

I am going to try to get all my reading and homework done for all of next week by Saturday afternoon. Michael has been gone the last two weekends, so this will be our first opportunity to spend the weekend together in three weeks. Hopefully we will finally get to see Brokeback Mountain Sunday morning. We tried to go three weeks ago but it was sold out at the one theater showing it. I hope we can also watch Kill Bill Vol. 2, which I gave to Michael for Christmas.

I may also decide to go to Torah study and services at Temple Beth Israel Saturday morning. This will most likely depend on a) how much reading/homework I will have finished and b) whether I can drag myself out of bed early enough.

Here is the complete list of today's listening:

  1. Max Tundra: Mastered by the Guy at the Exchange
  2. Slowdive: Souvlaki
  3. Scraping Foetus off the Wheel: Hole
  4. M. Ward: Transfiguration of Vincent
  5. Jan Jelinek: Kosmischer Pitch
  6. Jason Anderson: New England
  7. Animal Collective: Here Comes the Indian
  8. Grand National: Kicking the National Habit

No comments: