"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Fickle fate

Last night I composed a post about new definitions for the word 'pimp' and how the English language would be better off without them. Unfortunately, my internet connection went down just as I was about to publish it. Oh well. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I don't have much to talk about right now, so I will just tell you what I listened to today:

  1. David Thomas Broughton: The Complete Guide to Insufficiency
  2. Modeselektor: Hello Mom!
  3. Cat Power: What Would the Community Think
  4. Tim Buckley: Lorca
  5. Meat Beat Manifesto: 99%
  6. Built to Spill: Perfect From Now On

No comments: