"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Graduation news and podcast update

  • It's official: I will be graduating in May. Today I paid the graduation fee, confirmed that my requirements will be met (pending the completion of this semester's classes), and picked up my gold honor cords symbolizing summa cum laude status.
  • My podcast will be resurrected this Saturday. Each week I will cull tracks from the previous week's listening. I knew that keeping track would come in handy eventually.

Speaking of which, today's listening:

  1. Tortoise + Bonnie "Prince" Billy: The Brave and the Bold
  2. Cut Copy: Bright Like Neon Love
  3. The Soft Pink Truth: Do You Party?
  4. Cat Power: The Greatest
  5. Sonic Youth: Sonic Nurse

No comments: