"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Monday, January 30, 2006

Weekend illness

Michael and I were both ill this weekend (Michael much more so), so we didn't get to ride or hike like we had planned. I, however, found that I had lost three pounds since the previous Saturday. I know that this is well within the expected margin of error, but I choose to take it as a good sign. The weight loss isn't even the true goal; my objective is to feel healthier and have more energy. However, weight loss is an index that can tell me whether I am moving in the right direction, even in increments that I can't feel.

Last night I was able to catch up on my readings for my most challenging class. I would like to complete each week's work by the previous Friday, whenever possible, so that I will not have to do homework or read on weekends. This may be a naïve goal, but I think it's worth a try.

My listening since Saturday:

  1. Scissor Sisters: Scissor Sisters
  2. Test Icicles: For Screening Purposes Only
  3. The Plastic Constellations: Crusades
  4. Bibio: fi
  5. Galaxie 500: On Fire
  6. The Notwist: Neon Golden
  7. Grandaddy: The Sophtware Slump

No comments: