"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Waning gibbous moon

Well, it was close enough to a full moon last night that it might explain the day I had yesterday. First, I overslept and missed my bus. I arrived at work 45 minutes late. Upon arriving, I had difficulty getting anything accomplished because the software we rely upon most heavily worked only sporadically. Going home, my one of my routes was running 35 minutes behind schedule. I improvised and took a different route, which was infested with rowdy teenagers. After getting home, I didn't accomplish anything. Then I was about to post when Blogger went down for several hours.

On a more positive note, I saw another episode of Animal Rescue Heroes Phoenix last night. They showed a scenario remarkably similar to my own, just a lot more dramatic. The EAMTs on last night's episode rescued five kittens from an attic and from the brick wall beneath. The EAMTs that visited my house (the same EAMTs from the aforementioned kitten rescue) only rescued one kitten and only broke through drywall to get to it. Admittedly, it's pretty mundane compared to the rescues they have been showing. I now doubt that it will ever be shown. However, I'm hooked on the show now and I will keep watching.

Today's listening has so far been scant:

  1. Nina Simone: Nina Simone at Town Hall

No comments: