"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Saturday, April 01, 2006

paleunderweight podcast 8

The new podcast is now online:

  1. Jason Forrest feat. Laura Cantrell: "Nightclothes and Headphones"
  2. Meat Beat Manifesto: "Deviate"
  3. Vashti Bunyan: "If I Were"
  4. Deerhoof: "O'Malley, Former Underdog"
  5. The Russian Futurists: "Hurtin' 4 Certain"
  6. Kelley Polar: "In Time"
  7. Liz Phair: "Dance of the Seven Veils"
  8. Leonard Cohen: "Field Commander Cohen"
  9. The Cramps: "Eyeball in My Martini"
  10. M83: "In Church"
  11. Sparks: "Metaphor"
  12. Arctic Monkeys: "Riot Van"
  13. Stephen Malkmus: "It Kills"
  14. The Mountain Goats: "Baboon"
  15. The Arcade Fire: "Une Annee Sans Lumiere"
  16. T. Rex: "Monolith"
  17. Ghislain Poirier: "Synthetic Rhythms"
  18. Mazarin: "Northeast Winter"
  19. Bonnie "Prince" Billy: "Black"
  20. Yaz: "And On"

...and, for the first time ever, commentary by me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Downloaded to the laptop. Uploaded to the iPod. Time to go run errands - the nursery, Office Max, Costco - with something new to listen to. It looks great; I love a mix of stuff I know and stuff I don't know. The only thing is that Leonard Cohen. He's Canadian and Buddhist. He probably blames America first.

The Internets still amaze me.

Unknown said...

I know I've already said how much I like your podcasts. I really like this one, too. I loved the Deerhoof song - one of the things I hadn't heard.

Ben (The Bear) was very pleased with your Bonnie Prince Billy selection.

And despite my Leonard Cohen joke earlier, that's one of his best.