"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sudoku

My interview seemed to go fairly well. The location seems an auspicious sign. It is run out of the home of the owner (temporarily), who lives right near the trail that Michael and I hike and just a couple of houses over from a camel named Nitro whom Michael likes to visit periodically. Their new office will be at an intersection that I am at all the time. I'm not resting all of my hopes on this job because there is just one opening. I have about as good a shot as anyone else they are interviewing, so I won't assume the worst either. I should hear something tomorrow.

Less than a week ago, I didn't even know what sudoku was. Now I'm addicted to it. I found a great free site with millions of puzzles. They will even send a free mobile version to your cell phone. I think the number of puzzles you get is limited, but it's free, so I'm not going to complain much.

Today's listening:

  1. The Cure: Disintegration
  2. Grandaddy: Sumday
  3. Hot Chip: Coming On Strong
  4. The The: Infected
  5. Islands: Return to the Sea
  6. José González: Veneer
  7. Love and Rockets: Earth Sun Moon
  8. The Microphones: The Glow, Pt. 2

No comments: