"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Thursday, April 06, 2006

More mensiversary thoughts

Now that I have finished my paper about metaphors in which alcoholism is a target domain, I have time to blog more about Michael.

Here are some reasons why I agree with my friend Jason's assessment that Michael is the best boyfriend I have ever had. (Warning: This is going to be sappy.)


♥ We both worship Margaret Cho.

♥ He understands why Homer Simpson is my hero.

♥ He doesn't jabber incessantly about other guys he would "do".

♥ He is a health nut and a neat freak, but doesn't seem to mind that I am not.

♥ He used the 'L' word at a time when I was thinking it, but was afraid to say it and scare him off.

♥ He adores my animals and they adore him.

♥ This is the first relationship I have had in which we have done volunteer work together.

♥ He thinks my clumsiness is cute.

♥ He has a sick sense of humor.

♥ He can quote Designing Women verbatim.

♥ He thinks Uma is fierce.

♥ He believes in monogamy.

♥ He initiates public displays of affection.

♥ He keeps my feet warm.

♥ He is unashamed of sentimentality.

♥ He is literate and employed.

♥ He looks fantastic in a tie.

♥ He knows which colors look best on me.

♥ And, then of course, the most important reason - I'm in love with him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The hearts as bullets slay me.

Anali said...

You guys are the cutest! Happy Mensiversary, and may there be many more!

I'd say your list is a good indication of a good catch! Much better than longjaw mudsnapper!