"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Thursday, April 13, 2006

I am doing cartwheels around the office

I just returned a call from a prospective employer. I am going to get a call sometime next week for an interview for a commercial appraisal company. Not the kind of work I'm looking for, but it would pay well enough that I could still afford grad school in the not-too-distant future. More about that later.

I am currently listening to New Order. They were one of the first bands that I ever became obsessed with. I'm thinking about writing a post about the best lesser known b-sides and album tracks from the Warsaw/Joy Division/New Order/Thick Pigeon/Electronic/Revenge/The Other Two/Monaco catalog. (Impressed that I named them chronologically?) On second thought, I haven't listened to any of it except certain New Order and Joy Division albums in many years. Perhaps I should start with a band whose work I remember more clearly.

Today's listening:

  1. Depeche Mode: Playing the Angel
  2. New Order: Low-life
  3. Sinéad O'Connor: The Lion and the Cobra
  4. The Mountain Goats: All Hail West Texas
  5. M.I.A.: Arular
  6. Lightning Bolt: Hypermagic Mountain

No comments: