"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ding, dong, the witch is dead!*

"'I refuse to allow liberal Democrats an opportunity to steal this seat with a negative personal campaign,' DeLay said in a video announcement Tuesday, a few hours after news broke of his decision [to resign]." - from CNN.com.

Translation: "I refuse to allow my Democratic challenger to win my seat by using my own statements and actions to demonstrate what a douchebag I am. Instead, I will just hand my seat over to the Democratic Party and allow my constituents to be represented my someone who isn't a douchebag."**

*Not intended to degrade pagans by any association with Tom DeLay.

**To be fair, I know nothing about Nick Lampson, so I can't promise that he won't be a douchebag. However, there is a 99.99% chance that he would be either a non-douchebag or much less of a douchebag than DeLay.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

At least we can all agree that Tom DeLay is a douchebag.