"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Friday, April 07, 2006

Amen, sister!

David at threedogheads has a new post up today that is so well-written and so true that I just have to link to it. Check it out.

Also, I can't think of anything I want to say right now.

Chromatophores! That's the word I have been trying to remember all day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're too kind.

Re: the post below. Remember how I said that each Flaming Lips album grows on me? It's funny that you listened to Savage yesterday. Twenty years ago I could not have been a bigger Eurythmics fan. I saw them live three times. But, when Savage came out, I was pissed. How could they do this to me, I asked. I hated it when I first heard it. But my love for Eurythmics won out and I kept the tape in my car. Slowly, it grew on me. It became, and still is, my favorite Eurythmics album. And the video album they produced for it is......

And, funny... It doesn't sound all that different from the others now.