"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Saturday, November 25, 2006

My recommendations 2006:
Six Demon Bag by Man Man

Man Man: Six Demon Bag
Ace Fu 2/21/2006

Did I mention that I love weirdos? Well, I do. And I absolutely adore the idiosyncratic sideshow music of Man Man. Critics frequently compare them to Captain Beefheart and Tom Waits, only because those are the only artists that have a similar magnitude of weirdness. Six Demon Bag doesn't quite match the over-the-top gorgeousness of their criminally underrated debut, The Man in a Blue Turban With a Face, but it's still really quite amazing. This should be required listening for anyone who loves music or even claims to.

No comments: