"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Thursday, November 02, 2006

My recommendations 2006:
Pink by Boris

Boris: Pink
Southern Lord 5/16/2006

I must hold some wildly erroneous preconceptions about metal, because much of Pink sounds nothing like what I've always understood metal to be. Sure, there are moments with chugging and churning guitars and drums, as one would expect to hear from any random metal band. These are the moments when I look at my watch and yawn. In fact, these moments nearly prevented me from recommending this album. However, there are other moments on the album that approach perfection - moments that are graceful, refined and immensely pleasurable. These are not adjectives I would ordinarily associate with metal. Pink makes me seriously consider whether I should.

No comments: