"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Not much to report

Yesterday was the last official day of spring break and I got little accomplished. I am way behind on my reading for three out of four classes. I have two papers due in the next two weeks. I have an oral midterm in French on Tuesday. But I probably won't do anything school-related until Sunday night.

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone else find this news story a little disturbing?

Here is what I listened to on Friday:

  1. Mi and L'au: Mi and L'au
  2. Depeche Mode: Playing the Angel
  3. Kieran Hebden & Steve Reid: The Exchange Session, Vol. 1
  4. Frank Black: Teenager of the Year
  5. The Stone Roses: The Stone Roses
  6. Elliott Smith: Either/Or
  7. Róisín Murphy: Ruby Blue
  8. The Gossip: Standing in the Way of Control
  9. Gary Numan: Replicas

No comments: