"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Thursday, March 30, 2006

100th post

This morning I perfected the synergetic use of the snooze button and the whore's bath.

Then I discussed Phil Spector's impending murder trial with a tech guy at work.


"Did you know he pointed a gun at Leonard Cohen while recording Death of a Ladies' Man?" I said.

"He actually fired at Lennon," Kirk replied.

"What could Leonard Cohen have possibly done to piss him off that much? He's a Zen Buddhist!"

Kirk grunted in agreement. I thought about David's hobby of quoting Smiths lyrics. "...and the pain was enough to make a shy, bald Buddhist reflect and plan a mass murder..."

The logical next step was to enjoy the best baklava of my life, courtesy of Andre, and listen to Slowdive's Souvlaki at the same time. So I did. Now I am blogging about whatever pops into my head until my next class. I don't feel like going, but I will because I have to write a short paper on the video that will be shown in class.

Today's aural delights:

  1. Neko Case: Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
  2. Deerfoof: The Runners Four
  3. The Arcade Fire: Funeral
  4. Slowdive: Souvlaki
  5. Meat Beat Manifesto: 99%
  6. My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult: 13 Above the Night

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Like love and law and poverty
These are the things that kill me
We can go for a walk where it's quiet and dry
And talk about precious things

But the rain that flattens my hair, oh
These are the things that kill me
All the lies about make-up and long hair,
They're still there