"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Mmm... sacrilicious!

My blogging has been somewhat sporadic and impersonal lately due to one very important factor: pure exhaustion. Trying to keep up with the demands of school, work, volunteer activities, social obligations, and (occasionally) temple, combined with the anticipation of my imminent graduation, takes a toll on my well-being. I'm not performing anywhere near 100% scholastically, but I'm still so tired that I'm falling asleep on the bus by Tuesday morning. It will all be worthwhile, but I just have to muddle through somehow in the meantime. Luckily, I will have all of spring break to catch up on sleep and school work. There will be much less work to do after after the break, so the worst is already over.

In other news, I had the fortune and privilege today of photographing a member of ASU's Secular Freethought Society:

I praise his moxie and hope that he isn't accosted by religious zealots (who are preaching just feet away from his table).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great costume! Today I spoke to a man on the phone about a job doing petitions. One was okay, it had to do with mail-in ballots. The other was that insane one about getting rid of domestic partnership benefits. I thanked him for his time, and said that there was a conflict of interest as I've been writing politicians from the opposite side of the fence, but to have a good day. Rather than wishing me a good day in return, he proceeded to tell me that it's what The Bible wanted... so I hung up.