"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Diary of Jomdevert the Surly

"Dear diary,

"My warrior trainer Thran Khorman is a jerk. A real knee-biter.

"Immediately upon reaching level 4, I reported to him for warrior training. I was only a few copper short, but do you think he could look the other way or take an IOU? No! I had to go back out in the cold and kill Burly Rockjaw Troggs until I had enough money to learn how to charge. Talk about shrinkage! Thran didn't feel even a little guilty about leaving me with nothing either. I'm surprised that our little lesson didn't leave me with enough rage to do a heroic strike on his ass!

"I can't wait to get out of Coldridge Valley and start working with better trainers."

No comments: