"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

McAfee SiteAdvisor

I ran across some free software from McAfee that can help in avoiding unsafe websites. Though I have free anti-virus and -spyware protection on my home computer through work, I still caught a devastating virus last year from a safe-looking website. I had to reinstall my OS and all my software. This took forever because I had to call Microsoft several times to assure them that I wasn't pirating software before they would authenticate the software that came with my computer.

The McAfee software was fast to download and install and seems to work pretty well so far. I am willing to try it for a while because I know McAfee is a reputable company. I'd be interested in hearing from others who are using it. If you have any input, feel free to leave a comment.

No comments: