"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Podcast postponed

I have decided not to do a podcast this week for two reasons. First, I haven't had time to listen to as much music as I would have liked this week. Second, I have been neglecting my spiritual life for many weeks and I think my Friday night is better spent in temple than in front of my computer.

In future weeks I will try to select the tracks and do the initial recording on Thursdays, then post online on Saturday mornings.

On that subject, after sixteen episodes I have learned quite a bit about how to achieve a decent sound quality. I am leaning toward "remastering" the old podcasts over the next few weeks. By this I mean rerecording them with better techniques for higher quality. I would also speak on all of them. I am about 90% sure this is what I am going to do.

Today's listening:

  1. Figurines: Skeleton
  2. The Walkmen: A Hundred Miles Off
  3. Ellen Allien & Apparat: Orchestra of Bubbles
  4. Juana Molina: Son

No comments: