"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Friday, June 30, 2006

No podcast this week

I have postponed this week's podcast to next week due to illness.

I have had an unbearable headache with occasional fever since Tuesday. Luckily, I saw my doctor today and he thinks that muscle tension is pinching a nerve, triggering the headache and the inflammatory response that causes the fevers. He prescribed an anti-inflammatory steroid and a muscle relaxer. They seem to be working okay so far. I still have a headache but it seems less severe.

Speaking of the podcast, I'm thinking of putting it on hiatus for a while. If I do, next week's podcast, the twentieth episode, would be the last for a while. The tracks I have included so far represent about 2% of my total collection and I am nowhere near scraping the bottom yet. However, I want to stop while I'm ahead. I know it won't be long until I have acquired enough new music to start again. Plus, twenty is a nice round number. It will give me a chance to "remaster" the old podcasts and burn CDs for friends that don't have internet access or aren't internet savvy enough to figure out how to download it (I think they're Amish). So, let's think of next week as the season finale for a show that has been extended for at least one more season.

Here's what I've been listening to while I've been ill:

  1. Tim Buckley: Starsailor
  2. Iron & Wine: Our Endless Numbered Days
  3. Morrissey: Ringleader of the Tormentors
  4. The The: Soul Mining
  5. Siouxsie & The Banshees: Tinderbox
  6. Bright Eyes: Digital Ash in a Digital Urn

1 comment: