"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Sick on Halloween

This morning, I started getting the sniffles at work. This turned into a full-on sinus attack in no time at all. I purchased some Day-Quil at the MU but now that you can't get anything with pseudophedrine without a passport and a note from mum, all I could get was the new, "improved" formula. A full dose of phenylephrine seems to work for about half an hour, so it hardly seems worth the effort of swallowing. I had to leave early because I just couldn't take it anymore.

After downloading an obscene amount of music from Emusic (using ludicrously cheap booster packs) I fell asleep watching an episode of Nova about supermassive black holes. I was awakened by my roommate ringing the doorbell at almost 10 - he had forgotten his keys when he left this morning.

I am now listening to Miho Hatori's new album, Ecdysis. The decongestant is wearing off. I was going to stay up and watch Futurama on Adult Swim, but it comes on an hour later because I live in the one state that doesn't observe daylight savings time. Maybe I should just go to bed.

Whether I go to work tomorrow is still up in the air. If I call in, I can listen to music in bed all day. Good music is good for the immune system, I think. Maybe lots of rest, vitamin C and Frida Hyvönen are what I need. I'll play it by ear though.

No comments: