"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

"You ain't crazy; you ain't insane; it's just you got an eyeball in the center of your brain!"

Tomorrow I see the doctor because my left eye has been swollen for about two to three weeks.

I wonder if they can fit me with a glass eye that will closely match my distinctive shade of green. I understand they move around with the muscles just like the real thing. I do like the natural look, but maybe a novelty eye would be more up my alley:


Here's what I've been listening to:

  1. Tim Hecker: Harmony in Ultraviolet
  2. Lisa Gerrard: The Silver Tree
  3. Blood Meridian: Kick Up the Dust
  4. Califone: Roots & Crowns
  5. Robert Pollard: Normal Happiness
  6. The Be Good Tanyas: Hello Love
  7. Luomo: Paper Tigers
  8. Bert Jansch: The Black Swan

1 comment:

Anali said...

My bro-in-law has a glass eye...you can't really tell unless you know to look for it.

I've noticed that my left eye gapes in the socket alarmingly when I open my mouth - how could I have gone for 10 years without noticing this?