"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Monday, October 23, 2006

Eyeballs, eyeballs, eyeballs floating through the air

My eye has not improved despite having faithfully used two prescriptions of eyedrops since Thursday. I've just spoken to my doctor's office and the soonest they can get me in is two this afternoon.

I'm currently listening to Michael Cashmore's (Nature and Organisation, Current 93) gorgeous debut solo album, Sleep England, and wondering why Lisa Gerrard doesn't collaborate with him. Her four albums since leaving Dead Can Dance, i.e., The Mirror Pool, Duality, Immortal Memory and The Silver Tree, have been increasingly formulaic and New Age-y. I wish she would make some kind of creative departure and do something unexpected. She has such great potential if she could just break from her rut. Cashmore's guitar work would be a great complement for Gerrard's voice, I think.

I will now plop down in front of the TV until it's time to leave for my appointment.

No comments: