"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Friday, October 27, 2006

Eyeball update

My eye is still red, though some days it looks like it's gradually improving. It was hurting slightly today on the way back from the Arizona University Libraries Conference in Flagstaff. If it doesn't show noticeable improvement by Monday, I'm going to call my doctor and ask for a referral to an ophthalmologist. If it is allergies, as my doctor believes, then wouldn't one expect one of the prescriptions for antihistamines to help somewhat?

There is no podcast this weekend because I haven't been listening to much music this week and I've been lax about keeping track of what I've been listening to. I've been reviewing some of the music that has been released this year and picking out albums to recommend. It's going to be a bigger project than I had originally anticipated because so many great albums have come out since January. Because of this, my podcasts for the next couple of months are likely to be heavy on very new music. So don't expect any Edith Piaf or Karlheinz Stockhausen next weekend.

No comments: