"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Blöödhag

This Stylus review caught my attention this morning, so I decided to investigate this oddly literate metal band called Blöödhag.

I must be a nerd, because the idea of a metal band whose schtick is promoting literacy and mayhem tickles me. My favorite part of their bio:

"Soon, dozens were attending BlöödHag shows, and Washington state's literacy rate skyrocketed. Books were flying, heads were banging, teeth were being kicked in but minds were expanding."

I hope they aren't throwing hard cover books at their shows.

No comments: