"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Monday, February 13, 2006

Schadenfreude ist die schönste Freude (denn sie kommt von Herzen)

Everyone knows by now that our VP accidentally (we assume) shot someone in the face. Let me say, first, that I wish Mr. Whittington a speedy recovery. While I disapprove of his sinful Republican lifestyle, nobody deserves to get shot on the face. I can only pray that he will seek conversion therapy and begin to live a clean, morally upright liberal life. It's never too late, Harry!

As for Cheney, however, schadenfreude can only begin to describe how I feel. Luckily, I am not alone. Mr. Sun has some beautiful commentary on this matter. (Thanks to Grumpator for the tip.)

Today's rotation:

  1. echohce: echohce
  2. Greg Davis and Sebastian Roux: Paquet Surprise
  3. Bel Canto: Birds of Passage
  4. Tears for Fears: The Seeds of Love
  5. Material: Secret Life
  6. Spain: She Haunts My Dreams
  7. Revolting Cocks: Beers, Steers & Queers

No comments: