"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Friday, February 10, 2006

Illness

It has been a few days since I have posted. I've was very busy with schoolwork early this week. Then I got sick. It's the usual suspect: my sinuses. I've been using decongestant, Flonase left over from my last sinus difficulties, numbing throat spray, and Advil. A friend told me that he started irrigating his sinuses and gargling with salt water every night and he hasn't had a sinus infection or sinusitis since. I think I'll try it.

Unfortunately, due to illness, I didn't get credit for a lot of the school work I did. I thought about going to class yesterday (even though I called in sick to work) but I decided it wasn't worth making myself feel worse for 2% of the final grade.

I am starting to feel somewhat better. To be on the safe side, I won't go to temple tonight. I'm also not going to see the kitties tomorrow; they have enough of a problem with illness without me bringing my germs. I'll probably keep my hair appointment tomorrow though. I desperately need a haircut.

Michael is expecting a friend from Philadelphia tonight. The flight comes in pretty late and they are leaving for Flagstaff and Sedona first thing in the morning. This means we won't be doing our weekend routine, but I think it's good to have the occasional weekend apart. They'll be back early Sunday evening, so I'll get to see Michael and meet his friend soon enough. In the meantime, I'll read, rest, and of course, listen to lots of music.

  1. Current 93: Soft Black Stars
  2. Mylo: Destroy Rock & Roll
  3. Prefuse 73: Security Screenings
  4. Jane: Berserker
  5. His Name Is Alive: Detrola
  6. Belle & Sebastian: The Life Pursuit
  7. The Advantage: Elf-Titled
  8. Beth Orton: Comfort of Strangers
  9. Brian Eno: Before and After Science
  10. The National Trust: Kings and Queens
  11. Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention: Uncle Meat
  12. Paavoharju: Yhä Hämärää
  13. J Dilla: Donuts
  14. Belong: October Language
  15. Love Is All: Nine Times That Same Song
  16. Shriekback: Cormorant

No comments: