"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sick

Today I muddled through my workday hopped up on goofballs of the cold medicine variety. I was just slightly goofier than usual.

Today three half-time staff positions were finally filled. It's going to be nice working in a fully staffed office for the first time in over a year. Another great thing is that all three went to amazing student workers. It's reassuring that the jobs were offered to highly qualified people with whom we already know we can work. I can't wait to start training the woman chosen to fill my old job! It's been very distracting switching back and forth between lending and borrowing. Now I'll be able to focus on learning the supervisory aspects of my job.

I have crammed the following into my temporal lobes today:

  1. The Rapture: Pieces of the People We Love
  2. Yo La Tengo: I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass
  3. Pixies: Trompe le Monde
  4. Stuart A. Staples: Leaving Songs

No comments: