"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Monday, December 11, 2006

Education news

I have been accepted to the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at ASU to pursue a second B.A. in Journalism with an emphasis in Media Analysis and Criticism. I am going to start out in the pre-professional program to get started on some of the lower-division requirements. If I can use my tuition waiver at both ASU and U of A, I will also pursue a M.A. in Information Resources and Library Sciences at U of A.

I think that this will hedge my bets between landing my dream job one day (music critic) and having to settle for a job that is practical but nonethless immensely enjoyable (librarian). Also, and more importantly, it will allow me to defer my student loans a bit longer.

1 comment:

Anali said...

You can use your tuition waiver at both ASU and U of A. At the same time. Been there, done that.