"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

R.I.P., my computer

Some time yesterday my computer died. Surprisingly even to myself, I'm not freaking out. Intuitively, I feel that this is a blessing and an opportunity. I will start my full-time job next week so I should soon have the means to buy a new computer that will better suit my needs.

The podcast is on indefinite hiatus until I buy a new one computer or, barring that, get the current one repaired. I will still blog regularly when I am on campus and from Michael's place. I am not going to list everything I listen to, since I can't podcast. I will probably write music-related posts periodically though.

The biggest bummer is that I cannot acquire any music. Well, I could, but I only listen to music on my iPod and I currently have no way to transfer new music to it. That, more than any other factor, makes acquiring a new computer a major priority.

No comments: