"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other." - Carl Schurz

"The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time." - George Sutherland
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe." - Edmund Burke

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

GRE postponed

I am postponing my GRE and hence my application to U of A.

I was prepared to pay for the exam yesterday, but I hesitated. I went home and thought about it. I was thinking about paying for it today, but I was still reluctant. I finally decided that it just didn't feel like the right time yet. I only knew the exact application deadline about a month ago. I have been rushing to prepare and just not giving myself enough time. Right now I could afford the exam and application fees, but it would require me to scrimp on necessities for perhaps the next month. I think if I wait until I am working full-time, I will more easily afford it and I will have a fuller C.V. to submit with my application.

Today's listening:

  1. O Yuki Conjugate: The Euphoria of Disobedience
  2. The Knife: Silent Shout
  3. Sean Hayes: Big Black Hole and the Little Baby Star
  4. Mew: And the Glass Handed Kites
  5. Blackout Beach: Light Flows From the Putrid Dawn
  6. Dirty on Purpose: Hallelujah Sirens

2 comments:

snafu said...

Ugh, the GRE is such a drag. It gave me such a headache, a migraine in fact.

Isn't it ridiculous that we have to pay so much for tests that are mandatory for getting into school?

Jonathan said...

The analytical writing section is the only one that I am concerned about. I can write a great essay given a few hours, but they don't give very much time at all. On my practice exams I have scored between 1330 and 1450 for combined verbal and quantitative, so I am not too worried about them. In any case, I just need to slow down and take it when I'm ready rather than rush to meet an impending deadline.